Monday, November 06, 2006

Speak your mind with clarity

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas
to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label
of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem
important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."

— Thomas J. Watson

Sometimes I want to throw my arms up in the air and say "why bother"!
Even if I speak my mind, it never changes anything, right? But then I
wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't speak up. The key is for me to
learn to speak with a balance between clarity and emotions.

Not that my emotions shouldn't be heard either. They are usually the
driving force behind my thoughts. But if that is all people can hear,
they may not hear the message with the clarity required.

My voice is an authentic part of me that needs to be expressed. The
only way others can get to know my true self is when I speak from my
heart. So I now allow myself to communicate my thoughts to others at
the appropriate time (cause timing is essential), with the correct
amount of emotional intensity.<fontfamily><param>Arial</param>

</fontfamily>

No comments: