Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Other Powers

“Some people think only intellect counts: knowing how to solve
problems, knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage
and seize it. But the functions of intellect are insufficient without
courage, love, friendship, compassion and empathy.”
—Dean Koontz

I have done many years of research and reading on different ways to
help myself and to help others on this wonderful but sometimes
challenging journey of life. Out of all the tips and formulas out
there, the best advice I could find was turning to the core values of
courage, love, friendship, compassion, and empathy.

With these powerful tools, that are really so easy and natural to use,
I found the path to healing so much easier and comforting. Now,
whenever I am faced with a challenging situation I sit back and ask
myself to look at it from any of the above perspectives. I may have to
give it some patience, it is not always immediately obvious how to turn
these challenges into something more positive, but usually things
miraculously work out for the better using this method.

No comments: