Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Healthy Love

"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."

— Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Have you heard the explanation of true love, of a soul-mate before
that goes like this; Two halves of a circle coming together to form a
whole? What do you think of that definition? I know when I was growing
up, that was what I read, what I saw in the movies, etc. So somehow
along the way, I figured that must be what true love was all about.

But what happens when the other person that I am a "half-of" doesn't
give me what I need? What if something is missing on my half. Aren't
they supposed to be my better half? Aren't they supposed to complete
me?

Well, I've decided to go with a different definition of "true love".
Instead of seeing two halves coming together, I see two complete (and
separate) rings interlocking. Two complete people with different needs
and personalities and ways of doing things that work well together (at
least most of the time). If something is not complete, it is lacking
in your ring. And it is for you to complete yourself and find out what
is missing in your ring that will bring you contentment and keep your
love intact.<fontfamily><param>Arial</param>

</fontfamily>

No comments: